Here is a Currans guide to help make Winter a little easier.
- CHECK YOUR PIPES – Leaving the heating on a low temperature even if the property is unoccupied to avoid pipes freezing and bursting. Check all external pipes for any leaks, breaks or blockages. Blocked or leaking pipes are prone to bursting.
- CHECK DRAINS AND GUTTERS – Make sure your gutters and drains are not blocked. Clean them out especially if you have trees overhanging your property. Guttering can become heavy with frozen water and this can avoid breaks and falls.
- VENTILATION – Condensation problems can be much worse in the winter. Open windows and maintain an even temperature to help reduce condensation. Condensation salts can help with this problem and a dehumidifier.
- INSULATION – An insulated property is always important, but particularly in winter. Ensure loft insulation is in good condition and draft excluders are in place.
- IN CASE OF EMERGENCY – Keep items for emergencies such as a torch, a basic tool kit and a few contact numbers such as utility companies, insurance company/details and if you are in a managed property with us our office number will route you to our on call mobile. We operate regardless of the day, or hour.
If you know your property is likely to be empty over the winter period, make extra plans, such as visiting regularly to open windows and check on heating. If you have questions, please contact us on 01244 316338. We would be delighted to help.
For our managed Landlords we have a 24 hour on call contact working 356 days a year. Please contact us if we can help. We look forward to hearing from you.
Pop into our office if you are in Chester and are nearby or passing, our experienced team would love to help you with all of your property needs.